View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #65
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Bring it on Win . I appreciate your update as it's also freezing here in VA. I'm guessing you will thaw out in AL before we do. As such, keep posting, so the rest of us can dream of scooters and Huntsville ...
Hang in there Dave, global warming will make a comeback before too long. Meanwhile, i've got some pics coming up that were inspired by your latest report.

After leaving the space museum, I headed east, toward downtown and the mountains. As much as I love the mountains, they were not on my agenda today. There was still plenty of ice on the main roads down here. I had to pay attention where I was riding.

The main roads were clear, especially if they where in the sun.

I had to be careful when turning off the main roads since there was often ice. In some places the center turn lane was covered with ice and snow. The mountains in the background probably got more snow and are most likely treacherous.

So I headed downtown and ended up on a street with some really neat old houses.

I've always been partial to houses with large porches. I grew up in an old house with a large porch with a glider on it. It was a great place to hang out in the summer and sit out a thunderstorm or just watch what was going on in the neighborhood.

This house has a lot of furniture on the porch so I'm guessing it gets used when the weather is warmer.

This next house looks like a place to lock yourself in and the world out. The fence reinforces that image.

Taking a walk might be a little hazardous.

Another great house with multiple porches.

It appears that this road was originally brick and then most of it paved over with asphalt. They left some brick showing on the edge.

A little about the history of this area.

klaviator screwed with this post 01-14-2011 at 05:49 PM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote