View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #55
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,319
ktm shortened sidestands for the 19/17 set-up ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6KTM View Post
Hi Woody what are people doing about the side stand length, seen a few chopped versions with screwed rod to make them fit both sets of wheels, I don't like the look of personally, other option is to get another stock one cut it down and weld another foot on. Do you know if any other standard KTM stand fits? superduke or similar?
i've heard of folks getting/using SM side-stands but don't hold me to it.
we have altered quite a few stock ones and increased the footprint at the same time for those souls wanting that ,,,,, they send em in and request them be shortened or lengthened x inches...

actually we do more adjustable ones because they can be made to handle 17 SM or 19/17 or 21/18 set-ups with just one unit....with a minimum outlay.

the beauty of the adjustable side-stand is that in less than a minute you can adjust for optimal lean angle..... you can not only compensate for wheel diameter changes but also for what i call the real-time situation of your bike,,,BWOE heavily loaded or when carrying an extra passenger.....when we adjust the pre-load on the rear shock we also happen to adjust the height of the rear end in the resting position.....

will see if my guys have more info on this....i remember it was discussed somewhere sometime ago...

w
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 01-21-2011 at 08:03 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote