View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Stagehand OP
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,558
Spanking the Cow- The continuing saga of an R100GSPD at the Races

This space held for future updates regarding my ongoing tribulations with racing a 1990 BMW R100GSPD... many of you might have seen it at one point or another--

I'll start off with a list of things that have been done, maybe with pics to bring you all up to speed, and then a list of things that need to be done and a list of things that I want to do.

This will take a while I'm sure, but I'm open to and appreciate all your suggestions and gracious input- I can sure use all the help I can get.

As of right now, I am headed again for the Sandblast Rally in SOuth Carolina in two weeks. Everything should be relatively ready to go... I need to put some fresh knobby tires on, but have in the last two weeks changes all the fluids except front brake. (rear diff, trans, engine and fork oil) and also done the small oil press. and neutral safety switch plus the small sub-harness that feeds them.

Mostly I can get through the day with just new tires, I think, but I am -><- this close to throwing down a grand on the Siebenrock replacement piston/cyl kit.

Not that I'm going to install it before the race (not doing that again :hmph) but I also need to change from an Omega system to an Enduralast, and also pic myself up an Odyessy PC680 battery.

HELLO ARE YOU IN THERE?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Go ahead and pull up to the starting line.