View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #27
kezzajohnson
kezza

Oddometer: 1,318
windscreen

I made up my own from a piece of lexan I had at home. Drilled a few holes in the headlight shroud and mounted with some foam strip between screen and shroud to elliminate gap for air to flow through. Originally, it was flat but I was getting a bit of wind buffeting on the peak of my helmet at highway speed. I ended up heating in it the oven and putting a bend at the top to deflect the wind slightly higher. Now it's perfect at all speeds and riding stance. Saved myself quite a few bucks, it has lasted really well and suits the bike. I have tilted the screen forward a bit using some rubber spacers that you can see in the photo on either side of the screen mounts. (I dont like those brackets that mount to the bars) For some extra space behind the cowling and windshield, I have made some brackets mounted to the upper shroud mounts on either side and have tilted the cowling forward by about an inch. I have made a couple of holes in the brackets at different intervals to alter the angle as required.

"May the Road Never Rise to Defeat you..."

kezzajohnson screwed with this post 01-20-2011 at 05:14 PM
kezzajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote