View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #24
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,230
Ya think they'd let me run the track after the races at Sandblast? Do they do a free ride at some point? I might try to run the race next year. Good news for you....you'll know ahead of time there's somebody you can definitely beat!

I've been practicing wheelies in the neighborhood. I've finally gotten to the point that I can ride a wheelie long enough to run out of road. I wore a hole through the skin on my hand pumping the clutch After 2 years, I think I'm finally figuring out to ride this thing!

This might sound obvious, but touring footpegs are terrible for technical riding. I feel like I'm tipping over backwards. And these are the offroady touring pegs so they're narrow and have teeth. In other words, they hurt on a long distance ride AND they give poor performance offroad. I've paid way too much attention to suspension and not enough to ergos. Are you running stock pegs? Nathan at Boxerworks has a little connector that lowers the stock pegs and pushes them back a few inches. I'll get a set, post pictures, and tell ya if they've made me a better bad rider or a worse bad rider.

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote