View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #30
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post
Ian I have say that dash looks great!! It looks like the Speedo is relocated. It sure looks a lot better in that position. I'm also curious how the GPS bolts on. I currently have a Zumo with a Touratech mount which is bolted to Ranzaco's Map holder. Is there mount for your fairing where I can still use the Touratech mount?

Ricky I don't know how you do it at night, especially with the 690. I too ride at night all time and it's rough for me even with all the painted stuff we have here in the states. In fact at this point at night I just ride the 990, because the 690's headlight is so bad that I think a flashlight would do better.
You might be able to bolt the touratec mount to the dash on the zumo, but otherwise any of the aftermarket plastic ones will work (no locking though). The fairing does a really good job of insulating the vibes, so there is no need to have a mount that insulates the vibes like the TT, but if you can get the TT to bulkhead mount with the zumo, then that is the best setup.