View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #117
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hey Marty,

It's interesting to hear your having issues with the speakers, I am guessing you already played with their placement. Hmm keep us on the thread posted.

I have had Q2's in the past and have a G4 on my other setup and I find the speaker setup comparative with what I expected.

The Boom and chin curtain playing with each other is par for the course on this one. I think the big hurdle for thins "integrated" system was to have the SRC not hinder the seal and overall quiet of the helmet, so you have a compact boom that needs to fit snugly inside the curtain without compromising it.

I end up taking an extra moment to readjust the boom after I put the C3 on just to ensure its in the right place, it is a tight squeeze but everyone's clearance will be different based on the depth front to back of their head. If it really is that tight for you I could see how it could become a nuisance.

Interested to hear your ongoing feedback.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by martys View Post
I've been using the SRC for about a month and honestly, am not that impressed with it other than how nicely it integrates in the helmet. It connects just fine and manages those connections well. But the helmet speakers are terrible and even at full volume I can't hear the Zumo 665 over 50mph. I almost never use the phone on the bike, although I can, but the mic boom is a PIA when combined with the flip up chin. I'm tempted to (which means probably) remove it and just use my custom in ear buds and forgo phone integration.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote