View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #24
GordonFreeman
Gamer

Oddometer: 1,459
Not sure all the inmates have agreed on the best pipes. Lots of opinions out there on Akra, Wings, FMFs, Leos, etc. Also many opinions on best materials: stainless vs. Ti + carbon. I'm glad you're happy spending 1200 on pipes. I hope the Ti doesn't crack or shred if you drop the bike or take it on single tracks where they get bumped. Same w/ the carbon tips.

I'm very happy with the FMF stainless pipes I have. They are small, light, run cool and sound great. They already have spark arrestors and the map adjusts automatically after a 10 minute idle. The FMFs don't easily scratch, dent or crack. They have a very pleasing rumble, just a little louder than stock, which I prefer. For the difference in price, I added Euro-spec light housing, 50 watt HID hi and lo beams and 24 watt LED spots, mounted on the forks. I still had enough $$ left over to take the family out to dinner.

To each his own.