View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
MotoAdventureGal
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 993
Alaska!

Alaska had been on my "list" for several years. In fact, in 2007 I bought a 1150 GSA hoping to ride to Alaska, but somehow it never happened.

I'll be honest, I was dead-tired on this trip. I'd come back from 7 months solo riding in Central and South America a scant three weeks before we headed out, and I was pretty road weary. I know that sometimes Edward's trips can be a death march, so we entered some serious negotiations before departing. 1. I told him no more than 250 miles per day. 2. I had zero money, so we'd have to boondock as much as possible. 3. He'd have to navigate. 4. As few Subway sandwiches as possible (we ate them ad nauseam on the TAT and CDT the previous summer).

I'd gotten sick a bunch south of the border, and I was on some heavy duty drugs to eliminate a parasite I'd picked up. Edward kept telling me I looked like sheet. Some travel partner, eh?

I'll never say no to a good adventure to somewhere I've never been, and I hadn't been very far north of the USA. Besides, he lured me with visions of hot springs, happy bears, and the most fantastic natural wonders ever seen.

My Year of Motorcycle Vagabonding Part B (Solo to South America)

MotoAdventureGal screwed with this post 01-30-2011 at 09:09 AM
MotoAdventureGal is offline   Reply With Quote