View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #62
Questor OP
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussboy View Post
Subscribed! I am trying to get "The Mrs." to comprehend how far it is up there! What did you end up averaging per day over the 31 day trip? Nice report! Great Pics!
Good question.
While Tiger loves to do back to back 800+ mile days, I had to promise MAG to keep most of our days at around 250 miles.
In retrospect this worked out well. This was actually more of a casual vacation and less of a military precision death march.
We were able to sleep in, lounge, and stop at lots of interesting spots along the way, like pie stores and hot springs.

There are lots of Provincial Parks along the way to spend the night, so there is not need to stretch the days out. Although the "midnight sun" effect of being near the north pole during the summer solstice took some getting used to. It never really got dark. If you wanted to you could ride for 22 hours a day and never have to turn your headlights on. This perpetual daylight eventually became a problem as it made it hard to sleep at night, and after a couple weeks we started to suffer from sleep deprivation. Although it was cool to be able to drink beer at 1:00am and have it seem like it was 6:00pm.
But I digress... Wait till we get to Dawson and the "Dust to Dawson" party.

Q~

Questor screwed with this post 02-01-2011 at 06:46 PM
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote