View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #25
kezzajohnson
kezza

Oddometer: 1,149
problems/failures

1. Sticky/tight choke cable causing engine to die when handlebars turned full left so have now replaced cable with Procycle choke knob

2. Oil leak from Cam Chain tensioner at 24,000km roughly-cause unknown but maybe slightly overfull oil and long trip/high revs constantly. Engine to TDC on compression, remove oil pipes and exhaust header, retract and removed CCT, remove old gasket, clean up gasket surfaces and fitted new gasket with gasket goo also. refit and 6000kms later no oil leaks-clean as a babies bottom.

3. Not really a problem in most cases but OEM wheel bearings only single sided seals-no good if you do water crossings regularly like I do, so have replaced with quality (not cheap) bearings front and rear with seals both sides.

4. Blown brake light bulb about 18,000kms-replaced easily

5. Horn. It didn't stop working but fell off whilst riding and lost it. replaced with $10.00 supercheap auto number that is louder but smaller that OEM.

6. Never experienced a problem with, but based on experience of others here, I have removed upper chain roller and put a tapered head bolt in there.

7. The Dealer that I bought it from ! Bad experience from the start including trying to put me off buying the DR650 in the first place and to buy another bike. I have only ever had the bike serviced by me, myself and I and I probably would have had more problems by now if I had taken it to the same Dealer to have serviced. Under new ownership now but I still don't trust them.

NO other problems-I love my DR and am glad I bought it and not another bike.

"May the Road Never Rise to Defeat you..."

kezzajohnson screwed with this post 02-01-2011 at 07:16 PM
kezzajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote