View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #17
Tau Anvil
African by trade

Oddometer: 247
Agree about the seasoned riders knowing the ins and outs of bivoucs and orginisers. Unfortunately if $ is a problem then Malles Moto is the only option.
I have been racing for a long time and been doing most maintenance myself.

However I suppose being dog tired and with so many things to do it won't be easy. At the moment just getting funds together and building a bike is not easy oh and then the little fact that I broke T3 cracked T4 and comressed T5 and T6 last year July isn't helping either at the moment.

However after my big crash I realised normal enduro's and offroad racing for 1 or 2 days is not what I want to do anymore. Whilst lying in a state hospital in NamibiA on a backboard in a neck brace and strapped to a backboard counting the light they rolled me past I realised that if I was gonna walk again or be paralised Dakar was either forever gone or I need to get there.

I was in Hospital for 5 days when I realised the human body is not so weak. I walked out with a back brace and went to work 10 days after my crash.

Why the long story, just an idea why I would like to do Malles Moto and Dakar so badly. Maybe for me 2012 will be here too soon to get all the $ together, but then 2013 hopefully.
Tau Anvil is offline   Reply With Quote