View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 AM   #19
Tau Anvil
African by trade

Oddometer: 246
Thx Barrier

Ja it looks like I might have to sell my HP2 to fund this expedition.

My Yz 450 is in the market as we speak. I only started DS riding begining 2009 with a GS 800 so taking it easier will hopefully help the cause. I have been racing from the age of 11. Mx and enduro's etc. I still don't believe this is waht Dakar is about, I assume it is about getting up from day 5 onwards and having to do hectic days after a hectic day.Making a plan to fix the unfixable understanding the French and then staying injury free. Riding a bike is important, but like somebody said the time spend trying to improve your ability should rather be used improving fitness and mechanical know how.

I need to do a couple of top end rebuilds with my local mac and valve setting tuition, I "can" do it, but not good enough.

After my good friend Albert finished 51st this year in Dakar I am in no way expecting a top 40. He is super fit and calm the perfect Dakar type. Had full Desert rose support and a 690 RR that gave him zero problems.

Like I have said If Malles moto is the only option then so be it. But first getting the $ together easier said than done.
Tau Anvil is offline   Reply With Quote