View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #11
alfaris OP
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMarc View Post
GSA is about 45Kg (100 lbs) heavier also....

Lighter is better, remember that from R1150GS to R1200GS, the goal was to lighten at least 30 kg (66 lbs)
Hi, i know you have both HP2 E and MM. so i appreciate your point of view.

let me ask you a question.
Which one is your commuting bike? which one your touring bike?

Regarding de Xtras.
to have ABS on the MM mean to buy a new one is a factory option only,
i have the wunderlich rack as on the HP2 E,
With TCS i meant ASC
windscreen you are right, are ugly.
markus underseat tank..........well could be, i prefer it on the MM than on the E, that rear tire clearance........
even the new seat, passenger would not be very confortable due to the height of the rear footpegs.

Regarding the weight, yes, the MM could be considered as a light weight bike in terms of BMW Boxer bikes, of course

But i guess my doubts come from the concept itself more than from technical data.

GSA is a riding concept itself, as the MM is. I cannot say a way of life but almost. The freedom sensation that an ADV bike gives me, ins not given by Hypermotard bike, due to the reason that one can go off road, and the other,...........well ..........ive tried sometimes on summer, i can do it, but.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvF4y9-V_w

and the fuel range is a big issue, i remember myself riding 350kms non stop on mountain roads with my former 2006 GSA, unaware of gas stations, just riding.

My head and heart tell me that the GSA is again the way to go, even keeping the HP2 E, and let her more dirt oriented.

My heart likes MM power delivery and riding sensations on twisties, but i wonder if the 2010 GSA engine with an Akra and the telelever be closer......

Ill try to test a 2010 GSA from the dealer this week. maybe this bring some light