View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #1553
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,914
Obviously no one likes to see a racer suffer serious injury, however Kubicas has a particular bitter taste to it because he was lined up to drive the 'Lotus' Renault, which has a neat exhaust trick which exits the exhaust at the front of the side pod and effects air pressure over & under the entire underside of the sidepod floor & single deck diffuser* in a similar way to a blown diffuser, but over a much larger area. Of course pre season testing times are always pretty meaningless, however this innovation could potentialy produce a major benefit until all the others catch up, and Kubica could have seen himself in a winning chassis, as he ended the first test on top. Were I the team principle at 'Lotus' Renault (I'm not) I'd be looking at Hulkenbergs release trigger on his Force India testing contract, though it's said that existing 'Lotus' Renault reserve driver Bruno Senninha may have a first dibs on any spare seat written into his contract due to him bringing finance in...

* The red highlights in the attached -
Attached Images