View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #88
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-Z View Post
It's looking like I will be heading over there tomorrow to repeat this, or a portion of it. Jeff, where we going?
Paging Apple Jam.....
Well, I had a GREAT time last week,
but I couldn't help feel like there was this big area in the center of what we rode all around last weekend was left unexplored.
We ran out of daylight, and the Painted Hills National Monument got passed right by, in the interest of sanity and safety.
It was a good call, but NOW I MUST RETURN !!

I started looking at the maps again, and I saw Jumpoff Joe, Ashwood, Horse Heaven, Kitts, and Twickenham.
So that's what I have in mind; riding straight to Madras on Hwy 26, then finding what there is to find from there.
I see some secondary, maybe gravel - maybe paved, roads that look like they follow the John Day River.
I want to find them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon View Post
How did I missed this thread-I still have my knobbies on (Prob will never take them off) but would be interested in th next ride that comes up.
You must be thinking about skiing still, instead of riding.
This recent set of nice days in the middle of the week has got me jacked up on riding.

So, get the mothballs off that 620A o' yers and join us, mtbdemon !
Another inmate, Squishy, lives in Rhododendron, and he joined us last Thursday, seeing our posts just the night before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
If it is truly dry, it shouldn't be bad with good gear. I have only heated grips, and I was comfortable at 35 degrees........
......And then of course, there was the coating of ice-inhibitor goo to clean from my gear and every nook and cranny of my bike.
There was some white gook on our bikes, but it's still easier to clean than mud.

So....tomorrow, February 10th, Meet in Government Camp, at Huckleberry's again at 9am, OK?

MortimerSickle??
Squishy??
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)

Apple Jam screwed with this post 02-09-2011 at 04:22 PM
Apple Jam is online now   Reply With Quote