Old 02-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #49
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureMan View Post
Hi,

your fairing seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I have a few questions:
Will it fit with a steering damper mount? See the pics.
I have also raised the bars by 2" and added som Flexx quad bars. Can you see any reason that the fairing wont fit with this setup?? I am aware that I might have to move the GPS, but will prefer to have it mounted this way and put the OEM instrument on top of the fairing dashboard if the cables are long enough?

Heres some pics of my current setup. As you can see I have the Trailtech X2 lamp (HID). Lights are way better than stock, but not what I want. They are also flimmering when you ride hard on bad surface. How will your lights compare to the X2 HIDs?

And - how do I order? Cant find it on your homepage.
There's no reason the fairing won't fit with your setup. You may be able to leave the GPS where it is, but you might want to consider mounting the TT mount directly onto the Lynx dash. However, if you were considering mounting the OEM speedo higher up ( I think I recall that there is enough cable), it's important to let us know when ordering that you want the dash 'undrilled', because the dash normally comes pre-drilled for the unit to sit in the position shown earlier in the thread.

We've never done a 'back to back' with the trailtech lights, but I understand from general consensus that the Lynx lights are better focused, particularly the low beam which is a projector type and gives a very sharp horizontal cutoff and a wide spread.

The Lynx is very solidly mounted, with no elastic straps or anything like that, so you don't get any movement.

This specific Lynx is not on the website quite yet, but it's no problem ordering one from our order form, by just adding in the comments box that it is the new Lynx 690 that you want. Price and upgrades like HID and headlight protectors are exactly the same as all other Lynx's.

We have been really shocked by the level of orders pouring in for this version, so we are currently shipping about 2 weeks from order.

And yes, you can wheelie to hearts content !!

Ian