View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
asphaltmueller OP
nomad acc. § 2(3)AVV

Oddometer: 1,006
So where did we stop ;

In Serbia and a night full of food, wine and Rakija.
So naturally we left a bit late and not without having been filled by an exuberant breakfeast.

We rode back the country road to the highway, direction Beograd and Zagreb. The morning fog from the Danube river was so thick, that you couldn’t even see the huge open pit coal mine just to the south of the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD4kD..._order&list=UL
It became a cool, but sunny day.

We rode on on a boring highway through the Slavonian plain.

Toll Station near Beograd

Abandoned Highway station south of Beograd

Trying out Baby's behind protection cream against the cold nose - we mostly ride with open visor; only heated equipment are the grips. Other heated equipment is not common in Europe - and might overwhelm our 20 year old generators

Just after the border, which again made no problems whatsoever, I had to tighten my chain for the first time – announcing later problems.

No more snow near Zagreb

As we had started after 10am, we arrived in Zagreb only at about 9 pm. At least this time Özges Navi did it’s Job.

We stayed for the night at the place of my friend and colleague Johann, with whom I worked three years in India and who had recently transferred from Chicago to Zagreb.

Suddenly we were back in middle European Civilisation for a few hours.

As with quite a few occasions on this trip, I did not make photos; one somehow has to learn to keep the later report and documentation in the back of the head to realize that photos should be taken here and there.

please notice gear-box oil in left front corner

After the rather long night in Klicevac I began to fall asleep while we chatted of old times over the first bottle of wine and so the next morning I woke up quite refreshed.

This time the Navi was leading us around in Zagreb, Özge watching the screen and not the roadsigns pointing through the highway, so that at least I overtook him and followed the signs.

Todays goal would be my parents house in Austria, just 90 kms from the meeting; we were in our timeplan, even if the dayli etapes proofed to be too long.

Austria, the goal; coming soon

asphaltmueller screwed with this post 02-12-2011 at 09:10 AM
asphaltmueller is offline   Reply With Quote