View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #30
DataDaddy
@ the new dad thing

Oddometer: 7,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoganai
I'll phrase the first question in my Mom's exact words, "WTF were you thinking?" (5 years later her opinion hasn't changed)

Ah, yes... I remember it like it was just last month. Oh, wait it was! My mom was a little nervous. I had completed the MSF course with a buddy and was hemming and hawwwing about the bike. My wife, she got tired of me talking about it. She got me my KLR as a surprise for my 36th birthday. Thanks again Data-spouse!!!

Been riding and racing bikes for a number of years. Always loved adventuring on the bike, the motorcycle is great too -- you get to see more places...

My first rider report

Quote:
2. What was your first bike?

2005 KLR 650

Quote:
3. How do you feel about starting so late?

Like everyone else, I wished I had started earlier. Having said that, I am glad that I started at this age... I am able to do it right -- MSF course, ATGATT, etc. I have gotten the need for speed out of my system --well, most of it.

Riding is just soooo damn cool...its hard to explain to others why I go "riding around" for a couple of hours after work and during my luch hour.... I am habing enough fun that my wife is actually getting interested in riding. Guess its the dumb-ass grin when I get home...

Quote:
4. What bikes have you progressed to / thru?
Quote:
Same bike...still
DataDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote