View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
cathulu OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Thanks for the photo upload lesson, got that figured-out and edited my original post.

Myself, I did not like the fact the guards were so far out and put tension on the end of the handlebar due to the long lever arm. The handlebar is aluminum and aluminum does not have an infinite fatigue life beneath the yield strength like steel, so the less load the better at least in my opinion. But again, I am probably over exaggerating it and it is not a problem.

You can bend them in a vise without heat, it is no big deal, but it was a lot of trial and effort to get it perfect, then again my vise sort of sucked as it was not properly bolted down to my workbench but only retained by pins for easy removal.

I think maybe HDB should have a template that is a go or no go for these guards to get a better bend accuracy, seems like we all have something in common that way. But then the hour or so I spent bending would be spent by HDB and the hand guards would be more expensive.

Just my opinion... thought I would share my install cause it was not completely painless - but the outcome is awesome!

cathulu screwed with this post 02-14-2011 at 10:04 PM
cathulu is offline   Reply With Quote