View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #69
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
I enjoyed riding with those two FF's at last years Hells Canyon.
Yes I will try to make that time slot work.

I would love to do the OBDR on my Triumph, although I would probably struggle in places with it. ...I have a smaller bike too.

Yo John

Well, Asrvivor's title above his Avatar now says "Ex-bacardi lover", last I checked, so you must have drank him into the dirt last Hell's trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1marks View Post
The 'loose' plan was to leave on Saturday 23rd and ride it North to South. I think John wants to ride every inch of it and not miss anything! I'm less worried about covering it all in one session, I want ot have some fun riding it and camp out in the wilds with good company. I need to be home by Sunday 31st for work the following day.
I want to ride every inch too. I've done a couple of week long rides now, and thay are a blast.
Wild camping just adds a lot to it, but on the other long rides I've done, most riders have not been into that part of the adventure....(city boys ).
I, too, don't want to miss anything, but I want to take the time to stop often to take plenty of pictures and take in the sights, sounds, and smells, when they are deserving.

I'd rather take the time to do it with low stress, and not rush,
I like to leave when the morning is ready for us (but I'm an early riser), and get to camp well before dark to set up in comfort.

I learn so much more and become better when I ride every day, day after day, on these long trips.
I only have the big Orange Pig to ride, but I've learned to be fast (I didn't say good, just fast ) on pretty much any kind of road,
only the truly nasty stuff makes me slow down, and that's when I fall; when I slow down.
So I try not to slow down
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote