View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #31
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,300
Woo!! I received mine today!! I ordered the Rig 500, in one word: Wow!

It's a very well thought out product! Amazing attention to detail; they've thought of everything! there's even a small drainage hole in the base of the backpack.

Here's a short list of what I like about the design:

First off, the hydration bladder is not sitting at the bottom of the backpack, it hangs by a hook, which is a significant improvement over my camelback.

One thing I HATED about the regular hydration pack was the process of removing it from its backpack. You had to fish through the hydration tube through various holes and the backpack shoulder straps. Not with Geigerrig!! The hydration and pressure hoses have quick release couplings (similar to quick release fuel couplings on some motos) These alone are worth the price of admission for me. No need to mess around with the hoses, simply detach and remove the hydration bladder for filling or cleaning.

Cleaning: Remove the bladder, and pull it inside out and put either hand clean it or put it in the dishwasher!! Gotta love that. I couldn't even turn the old bladder inside out to dry it out before storing it.

Pressurization: Simply beautiful. No backwash, no sucking air when the water is running low. Plus, in the hot summer months you could use the pressurized water stream to hose yourself down.

The backpack: The portion that rests against your back is nicely padded, there are several zippered compartments inside and out, details and pics on the Geigerrig site.

The (bonus to ADV inmates) inline filter is nice to have too, for those who wander off and run out of water.. refill from a stream and filter as you drink. (I haven't tried it yet.)

Thanks for the excellent service and outstanding product! I highly recommend this to anyone using a regular hydration pack.