View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #85
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,381
After unseasonably cold weather more suitable for Maine than Alabama as well as several snow storms, we finally got a break in the weather. It seemed like we went from Winter to spring overnight with highs in the 60s. Today I finally had some free time so......of course I went for a ride

I had only a rough plan. I thought I'd cut across Redstone Arsenal, stop by Cycle Gear to see if they had any deals I just couldn't live without, and then ride around some before heading home. It turned out that I got sidetracked checking out Redstone Arsenal and didn't end up going anywhere else. I was trying to find an interesting route across the base but the only map I had was a Rand Mcnally. From my experience Rand Mcnally maps are notoriously innacurate. I only bought it because I needed a Huntsville map and thats all I could find. So I ended up going down several roads that didn't go through. I also found this interesting site:

Redstone has a long history of Rockets and space flight. It was the home of Werner Von Braun and other German rocket scientists after WWII.

Just to the left of the rocket I found this:

What? no warning about forgetting to tie my shoelaces?? Must have been written by a lawyer

The next dead end led me to this:

It would have been fun to be able to take one of these out for a spin but I settled for taking a few pics.

And one more.

klaviator screwed with this post 02-17-2011 at 07:49 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote