View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #40
Boston
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmondor View Post
Hi Mark!
Yes I have tried other types in the past, and even though the automotive are a bit better on ice ( A Bit) I find that they are the craps on dry asphalt as you lose braking and traction. The Stich ones you do not even feel on asphalt and to not affect the way your bike feels during braking or accelerating. On our was here we were riding at 100 km/h (60 MPH) at times and tried to break the rear end lose while we were on ice and it was hard. My rear TKC i have used in 08 and for the 2010 FBT i gave to my friend Ryan and it has 25,000 kms on it and still has more than half the rubber left. Plus when you are done with them you can remove them and use your tire normally. That is one huge advantage.

I, for one would not do what I do anymore without the Stich studs. the #4706 are the cat's meow!!
I am not saying this just because they are onboard with us. I would not recommend something that is not good no matter what.

I hope this helps.
Thanks Paul, this is SUCH good information! I am definitely going to give the Aerostich studs a try next winter. In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying reading about your current ride! Safe travels!
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote