View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #92
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunstei View Post
Great photos in the last set - didn't know the "unwashed public" could cross the base, so I haven't tried yet. I'll have to try to go get a look at the Longbow!
Are you calling me the "unwashed public". Actually, I'm retired Navy so I was able to get a Redstone sticker for my scooter. That and my Military ID will get me onto just about any US military base. It is possible for the "unwashed public" to get on base by going to the visitor center at the main gate and getting a visitor pass. You just need registration, proof of insurance and drivers license.

One more interesting note about Redstone. They require riders to wear a reflective vest or reflective band. I tried to get on wearing my Yellow jacket and hi-vis helmet, both of which have reflective material on them, but they still made me wear a vest. Luckily I anticipated this stupidity and had a vest with me. Most military bases have done away with this rule and allow bright colored clothing instead of the vest. I saw a guy on a cruiser with a black gear except for a reflective band around his waist. I would be 10 time more visible than him even without a vest. The base commander doesn't realize he is actually making his troops less safe since there is no incentive for them to buy bright colored riding gear. They just wear their vest or band on base and take it off when not on base.

Enough of my rant. I just get pissed off when stupid rules are made in the name of "safety"

klaviator screwed with this post 02-18-2011 at 08:01 PM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote