another way to get to the OEM fan plug
It came to me the other day that its possible to get to the OEM fan plug another way. It does require a bit more disassembling of the bike, but it does allow a person to get to the plug 100% rather than with the ad hoc wire hanger tools.
1. remove left in addition to the right upper fairing
2. remove all four radiator mounting bolts
3. move radiator assembly forward to limit allowed by attached hoses
4. remove the 3 bolts that hold the OEM fan in place
5. slide the OEM fan out and access the plug to disconnect the harness and insert the splitter harness.