02-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Built to Last
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
if you get to touching things,,,you'll be the first one!!!,,,make sure you record it for us all
Originally Posted by R Doug
Now that I have been able to sneak in some miles this warm February w/ the new tire/wheel set up, here some some quick thoughts:
* The bike feels more sporty. Paved road corning has greatly improved and the big bike feels like it wants to tip in to every corner. I like that.
* The stock kick stand is too long now and I need *think* about bike placement before leaving it on the side stand. I may look for a shorter after market stand for when I'm using the 19/17 set up.
here's one version that adjusts,,to give you one idea,,it has a 2'' range,,,good for any 17/18/19/21 wheel combination..
,,also has bigger pad...takes less than a minute to adjust
also works great when you carry extra riders and luggage,,,,,
heard you can also get a shorter sidestand off the SM,,,
* Also, the center stand is long now which makes for a little more effort required to get the 990 up. But, I do like the add'l wheel clearance while the bike is on the center stand.
* Given the fact the bike appears to be lower to the ground now w/ the shorter wheels (as evidence by the the effects on the side and center stands), the bike does not feel lower to ground with my modest 28" inseam.
* Regarding the bike being lower to the ground, I wonder when I get into some awesome twisties, will I have less ground clearance when it comes to dragging the pegs? A few hours on WV's finest will let me know that soon enough.