Thread: Klr2tdf
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #115
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by markharf View Post
I've never even heard of anyone having so much trouble with a KLR. Are you 100% confident you're not paying for some sort of dastardly actions undertaken during a past lifetime?

I have listened to quite a few people speculating about what might be happening to a KLR coil or CDI when it gets hot.

Mark
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I bought this KLR in July for this trip.It sounded like the most dependable ride.All I know about them is from reading here and KLR650 forum.I considered a spare CDI.But,as you say,and other experts advised,they don't go bad.Many are replaced wrongly.I am not down on KLR's."My" subframe bolts broke.The stock bolts would have broken sooner.Kawasaki is inexcusable for not correcting that problem after this many years.I now think my problems started with bad gas.I should have dumped it all and started fresh.It runs better now-maybe because it has diluted down.

As for the seals.I have read people have had problems with them while traveling down here.There like oil.You have to change them now and then.I just wish I could have a breather between the now and the then.

We put an inline filter on at the Honda dealer here.
The guy in La Junta used a gas setup as you described.That is when we decided on bad gas in the tank.

I just paid for my forth night here in Coyhaique.I am going to try replacing the fork seal now.Then if I can get the counter shaft nut off,I will look to see what is leaking.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote