View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post

non-issue, all the 690RR bikes are the same, just carry little jumper leads, kickstarts are going the way of the dodo fast

lots of off the shelf rallye stuff now as well and is more realiable than 530EXC in rallye mode usually
Yup all the above arguments make the Husaberg FE570 the stand out choice
Safariberg - I have enjoyed your threads and comments on the board, cheers.

Not sure I would agree that lack of a kickstart is a non issue however. I myself have had issues with multiple bikes killing the battery trying to pump out water from a drowned bike then attempting to restart it. i've sadly had to use my KTM's kickstarter more than a few times because the battery fan was running non stop during difficult riding relegating the button to useless status. I can imagine battery's dying in the sand dunes of ralleys once an average (as in not top level pro) Joe gets tired, begins making mistakes resulting in a large number of stalling engines that require re-starts. Having your mini jumper cables ready and willing is not going to be much good if you're off route due to navigation errors and no other competitors are nearby to help get life back into your bike. A major design flaw for my needs is the Husabergs lack of kickstarter.

Quote:
lots of off the shelf rallye stuff now as well and is more realiable than 530EXC in rallye mode usually
Can you be so kind as to regale me with your insight on to why you feel this is so?

Thanks in advance.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote