View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #103
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,366
So I parked my scooter, stashed my helmet, gloves and overpants under the seat and in the tail trunk, and started my hike. Had I ridden my KLR, which has no hard luggage, my stuff would have been left on the bikie, in the open. I could have run a cable through the jacket and helmet and I doubt anyone would mess with it here, but I felt better being able to lock it all up on the scooter.

Just off the parking area was a pavillion and lots of picnic tables and chairs right off of the lake.

Not too busy today but I'll bet that on a weekend in the summer this place will be crowded.

I decided to hike the trail and saw this.

Not sure what species of local wildlife this was

Picturesque covered bridge.

not sure for what purpose it was built. No one but us tree hugging hikers out here.

This is how you put up signs without ruining the view.

An old log cabin. I think this was actually used "back in the day" when it was built. Note the ATGATT hiking gear. I kept most of my gear on since I was cold. I was just now starting to warm up.

The trail was very nice to hike on, Most of it was covered with wood chips with a few sections of wooden walkways.

Then there was this. For once I wish there was a sign with an explanation of the history of this chapel.

Perhaps Huntsville's first mega-church???

Here the reverend K. L. Aviator preaches the gospel according to ADV

Note that no one was dozing off in the pews during my sermon!

The next exhibit did have a sign.

Pretty neat exhibit but hard to get a good pic of since it was behind glass.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote