View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #27
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Klim Badlands Pro Fit

Hi Bork,

The Badlands fit is like the new adjusted fit of the 2011 Adventure Rally - slightly more tapered - but still enduro cut. With the armor out of shoulders and arms it should have plenty of room for a compression suit. Remember this comes with d3o armor, so it is ride ready off the hanger - you still need to add the appropriate base layers.

I have an odd build, so its tough sometimes to say 5"9 175lbs. I have thin legs and broad shoulders, It's a factor of me not having an extra leg-day at the gym. I wear 31" waist jeans. I wear a 43 suit jacket and have a 17" neck. If my legs were more proportionate I would probaly be 190-195. So in actuality if you were 6 foot 185, they say every inch adds 5-10 lbs for similarly built people, you could very well be a medium if your build was average to thin. You could be in between.

Also, do I reccommend adding a hoody underneath? Probably not. A long sleeve thermal or midlayer softshell progressing into a thin heated setup over a tech tee as the temp really dropped would be the way I would go if I was not wearing a compression suit.

I may have to stop telling people how much I weigh. It sends the wrong message as I am an anomaly.

Also keep i mind this is prototype - the fit could absolutely be refined before launch.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bork Bork View Post
Anthony, at 5'9" and 175 and a size Large in the Badlands jacket I assume you have quite a bit of room for layers/pressure suit? I'm looking at the Adventure jacket as I can't wait until Fall for the Badlands and was planning on a size Medium as per the Klim size chart, I'm 6'0" 185 and wear a size 40 or 42 jacket (US sizing). Is a Medium going to be too trim? I need to be able to layer for the cold but don't plan on any additional armor.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote