View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #30
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Ahhh Jim Williams... you are the the grand master of discerning gear geeks. :-) I say that with love. lol

Ready. Deep Breath. Begin:

-Venting. Can you show some detailed photos of the venting on this?

Will have photos / video soon, right now at a bit of an impass waiting for my samples.

-Chest armor. FINALLY! But, what does it consist of? I know its the DOW APS. It'd be nice if that was what they used rather than the d30, but.. Can you show how this chest armor is incorporated?

From memory the pad is perfed probably for ventilation and I believe they went with the different material for weight savings as well. Its not as dense as the d3o. I may have to ping them for more of the "why" on the change, but that was my reaction. (I could be wrong) Also the pocket it's connected to lives over your left chest and protrudes providing coverage across your sternum to the right. It lives within a mesh pocket and may or may not be removable. My gut is yes, but I may be wrong (again)

-Armacor. Where?
Impact areas for sure. I am tempted to say in all of the dark / blue areas on the Silver version. (Shoulders, Outside Arms, main construction areas.) I will confirm this as well.

-Kidney belt?
Yes I am happy to see it as well. Its nice support.

-Yellow Asterisk on left wrist and misc...
The international symbol for being "rad". Kidding..... Its the international medical symbol. That pocket is built for emergency data and vitals. The left breast pocket is also designed for the SPOT tracker.

Exhale.....

Hope all is well, bud.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Anthony, I'm trying not to get my panties in a bunch over this one, but it could be the one, even though there's been lots of those in my past

Take a break. Get a massage. Spend some time with someone you love. Eat a cheesesteak. Go get a beer at Monks, then I have a few questions.

OK!
-Venting. Can you show some detailed photos of the venting on this?
-Chest armor. FINALLY! But, what does it consist of? I know its the DOW APS. It'd be nice if that was what they used rather than the d30, but.. Can you show how this chest armor is incorporated?
-Armacor. Where?

Soo, psyched to see the kidney belt brought over from the Adventure suit. That was one of things I loved!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote