View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #65
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
So Dipshit...

See, the deal is, all this "discovering your 640" is exciting and fascinating to you and your fellow 2005 owners... and we can appreciate that.
But, we've been here awhile… some a long while, and have heard and seen most of it already... so you'll have to forgive us our tempered enthusiasm, and on occasion mild annoyance with you're "Gee Wiz! I've got to tell the world!!!" revelations.
No doubt that I will make the typical rookie mistakes as others. And what is funny is that I see this sort of thing on some Harley boards I'm on. New guys show up asking which pipes they should buy, or which carb, etc.

I too was new once to Harleys and for the most part, I shut up and listened to what ohers had to say, and also saw who had the best running bike. That told me a lot. All this was before Al Gore invented the internet, so I had to do it the old fashioned way. Listen a lot. Ask as litte as possible.

I guess this is as good a time as any to start an oil thread.

Quote:
KTMs vibrate a bit... KTMs make funny noises... KTMs need a little fine tuning in certain areas... KTM seats keep aftermarket seat makers in business... KTM bars are too fill in the blank... we know.
Wow. KTMs are really just Harleys from Austria!

Quote:
Don't let my jaded outlook dissuade you from posting further gushings of love and admiration for your orange-metalflake dream date... But, try using the search feature, and some of the post sort variables like by “replies” or “views”… and maybe just look around a bit, before you post another “Gee Wizzer”… OK?
I have had terrible luck with the search feature here. It's real tough to narrow down the findings. I wish I had more time to read through it all.

Quote:
Have fun, but try not to be too tedious... please
Okey dokey.

Quote:
Buzz Kill

(This should be the one Chris )
Will you clue me in on this or should I use the search feature to figure out what you are talking about?

S.C.
scottcolbath is online now   Reply With Quote