View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,304
It is not easy to remove the flat spots from a motorcycle rim.

I have seen it done with a block of wood and a hammer on a jig with spokes removed above the dent, but the old bastard that did it was about 120 years old and had quite a touch. It's too easy to come in with a broken arm and wind up needing a heart transplant if you're not careful.

Here we have Woody's Wheel Works. At the least you could ask him advice. He's a helpful fellow and an inmate here. Of course you could always send him the wheel, but it'd be quite a journey. He has a thread here in the 'garage' forum I think.

http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/

here, I also found JTR wheel building service in Brisbane. Have a jaffle and a VB while you're there.

http://www.jtr.com.au/wheel_building_services/index.htm

If you have any questions or queries about JTR's wheel building services you can contact JTR on 07 3245 7499 or send an email to workshop@jtr.com.au.

51 Neumann Rd Capalaba Brisbane QLD Australia 4157
ABN: 78 010 441 782

In fact JTR is one of the only Talon distributors worldwide who carry out all Talon wheel assembly in house, rather than purchasing complete wheels from Talon. At JTR our team of Talon trained wheel builders can assemble your new Talon wheel set, we also offer a full wheel building service, where we can fit new rims to your old "original oem" wheels or repair and re-true any kind of motorcycle wheels you may wish us to fix, wheels are our specialty.
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote