View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
alexcorral OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Alex,

Intrigued where that route starts I have been looking for good sunday routes from Santiago

Was out with on my KTM Adv990 with another inmate (Aurel) who was passing through here 2 weeks ago, this one starting from the Santuario de la Naturaleza.
Hey Martyn,

Im up for a ride anytime! I have had a hard time finding others to ride with off-road in Santiago. Most GS owners do not want to take their bikes on these tough rides.

I also do only Sunday rides as I can't take more than a day, or even a full day and leave the wife and daughter stranded at home. I normally ride out early and am back at home by 2:00.

This ride starts out of Nido de Condores (Condors' Nest) which is an enduro park on the road to Mina La Encantada. You would have to take the road that leads to Farellones and at the fork, instead of going up the twisties to Farellones you take a left. It will soon become a gravel road (watch out for lot's of mine trucks traffic) and 3.2KM after the fork you will find Nido de Condores on your left. You pay a $5000 fee and are good for the day to ride the track or the trails.

I wanna go back with someone else (this time I went alone) so let's plan for it when I get back from Panama. I'll be in Panama until 3/8 so we can plan for a ride on Sunday 3/13.

Your video of Santuario de la Naturaleza is great! I need to get my self a helmet cam Did you reach the lagoons (lagunas del viento)? I did that same ride all the way to the lagoons last month: Ride Report Here

Just send me an email at alexcorral@yahoo.com and we will plan a ride.
alexcorral is offline   Reply With Quote