View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #185
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
I did a lot of research on this forum and online for my F800GS. I'm very happy with everything I've purchased. Adventure-Spec is the best I've seen. Priced right, no hassle fast shipping, fits great.

Ordered on Monday and got them Thursday the same week from the UK, and I live in Alberta Canada! No big cost to ship and little duty.

I noticed some minor clearance problems like: needing to take off a few centimetres of aluminum off the side of the plate that was a little too close to the rear brake pedal. With heavy breaking I found I was touching the plate with the bottom of my lever. Easy 2 minute fix.
Also needed to take a rubber mallet with one little tap to move the upper front plate away from the exhaust tubing. It was only touching lightly on the tube so once I mounted the plate I gave it a wee tap with the mallet and it moved in just the right amount.
The crash bars they make are very sturdy and fit right. No hassle.
The rear back plate for luggage is also great and has all the right parts. No hassle with my SW Motec EVO rack system either. The GIT etching looks great too.

I was very happy with the crew at ADV-Spec, they went to another supplier to get part of my order, (Barkbusters) so they could ship my order faster. Dave was great.
One little problem was, as I made a double order of everything, as I purchased for my friends 800 too. I was short shipped hardware for one set of crash bars. Dave sent me out a new set free of all charges, arrived in one week. He said that they get packaged and shipped off site, and would look into the problem. Very helpful and honest.

I will buy again gear from them as needed.

Mike