View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #84
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,949
Charger?!?!?!

Well, crap. From reading this thread it appeared my Battery Tender would work on the Shorai, now I see that's apparently not the case. Now I have to go buy a charger for the most expensive battery ever, which will be at my house this week (Thanks CJ!) and in the 990 when I get home.
I'm scared to go see how much the dedicated chargers cost.....

EDIT: Went to CJ's website but couldn't find a Shorai Charger. Did some surfing and found this:
"We have confirmed with Deltran, makers of the "Battery Tender" brand, that their products do NOT have a desulfation mode, and are therefore OK for use with Shorai LFX, for example. But the best possible charger/tender for Shorai LFX is the new Shorai brand battery tender (part #SHO-BMS01), which will be released in February of 2011. It uses the 5-pin BMS port in the LFX batteries, in order to monitor, diagnose, and balance the individual cells during charge. And it also has an optimized storage mode that will give the longest possible service life to your LFX."

Same website also said that the battery should be able to sit for several months in cold temps and not need charging. This will be nice, but I hate to find out on the first riding day of spring that it's not true. They did recommend disconnecting the negative cable if it is going to sit a long time.

All kind of irrelevant, as I've already got the battery headed my way.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.

1911fan screwed with this post 02-27-2011 at 08:16 PM Reason: mo facts is good.
1911fan is online now   Reply With Quote