View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #85
midlman OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I got it, been a good topic to read on. The initial poster doesn't seem aware that a Dynojet factors in 20% more which should read about 39 HP at the wheel, not the inflated 'factored' dyno sheet. An 85,000 mile twin isn't putting 48 HP to the ground...since we're talking numbers.
I'm fully aware of differences between the various dyno numbers. I've not seen anything that suggests a dynojet factors in 20% over factory crank numbers..... I know that there is usually a 10% diff between a SAE number and the dynojet number.. and have seen 15% differences between a dyno dynamics unit and the dynojet number. What engine dyno did BMW use to figure out their numbers ? Maybe my drivetrain losses are less than others because I use the magical super synth lube LOL... (just kidding btw)

either way..maybe not correct to compare to the factory crank numbers..but this was a baseline..from which I hope to optimize a few parameters...and then at some point..go back on the same dynojet dyno...to see how it did...
93 Kawasaki ZX-11D
midlman is offline   Reply With Quote