View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #65
error cooled OP
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,163
Puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
I'm originally from Tazewell co. and know most of the dirt/forest roads in the surrounding counties especially Bland, Giles, and Wythe.
There are loads of trails in the Dismal Creek area that could make for some fun
dual sporting routes. Also the gravel roads in and out of Burkes Garden should not be missed. Let me know if you need further information and thanks again for all the work.

Mark
Hi Mark -

Thanks for the support. I have the route set up so that it comes into and leaves BG via gravel/dirt. I also have a few roads in the Dismal Hollow area. Here is a close up of that area. Orange are Forest Service Roads, Red are State Roads. Here is the route depicted on this map, let me know what you think:

From Eggleston:

Guinea Mountain Road > Wilburn Valley Rd > FDR 1021 Sugar Run > FDR 201 Dismal Creek > No Business Creek Rd > Wesendonck Rd > SR 606 (through Pumpkin Center) > FDR 640 Hogback Mountain Rd > RT 52 (through Bastian) > FDR 668 Round Mountain > FDR 610 Garden Mountain into BG > Gose Mill Rd > SR 623 (Gravel) out of BG > RT 42 > FDR 206 Walker Mountain over the Walker Mountain Tunnel > FDR 205 Carnot > FDR 1023 Schoolhouse Hollow > and then State Roads through Wytheville and eventually down to MR area and singletrack into Damascus.

error cooled screwed with this post 03-04-2011 at 07:08 AM
error cooled is offline   Reply With Quote