View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #74
blue dog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm3moose View Post
Underpowered seems to be the main complaint, but my question is, how fast do I really need to go. I bought a dual sport bike to go to places my jeep couldn't quite get to. Places where the road runs out and all you are left with is solitude and scenery that few else have come across, and I think it is counter productive to just blast through it as fast as a can. Maybe I'm coming to the realization that I'm not 16 any more. My 230 only goes as fast as I want to wreck, and frankly the last times I've ridden with guys on BMW's, they were tipped over begging for help to get up while I was enjoying the scenery. All these debates seem relative and I think the answer of which is better can only be determined by what you the rider desire. I do have my eye on a WR250R though, but after watching my Dad ride my 230 and seeing the smile on his face I don't think I can get rid of it, maybe we will just have two. My two cents, hopefully not rambling.
Even tho a DR350 is not considerd big I was thinking about down sizing to something smaller for the same reason. Im going to keep my dr untill this fall then Im going to be looking for something smaller hopefuly I will be able to get a better deal in the fall.

this is the terrain I ride on. a smaller bike would be easier for me to handle

blue dog is offline   Reply With Quote