View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,290
Thanks again, sir Spud
I think this will be a fantastic modification for me also, when the time is right. Meaning, when my battery dies and assuming I can cobble up the bucks for this $$$ battery. I will be keeping an eye on your observations and of course contact you for up-to-date information before delving in, whenever that may be. I would be reluctant to shorten the factory wiring harness, simply because no matter how well I solder, heat shrink, and tape the splices (and I do it well; lots of experience), it still affects reliability as water can still ingress and do its nasty deed. And I get mine wet sometimes. I would make sure that wiring is extra secure out of the way of moving parts because I do some pretty rough trail riding with mine. Hauling ass over rocks, jumping water bars, dropping off ledges - stuff like that will rearrage your innards in a hurry! (the bike's, too)
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote