View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #64
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,589
After doing another CC vasectomy on a friends brand new 8gs..... I did a little more playing around with the Little valve about 8 inches from the tank.... As I had mentioned before i a few diff. posts.... My valve during earlier testing was found to relieve pressure away from the tank after about 5 psi was applied on the tank side..( against the arrow). I was curious as to how the valve work....since it vent`s freely towards the tank to relieve any vacuum. Looks/sounds like there is a small ball in there and a neutral point where gasses can flow free in either direction...... The catch..... flow rate needs to be very slow away from the tank...... Blow slow....and the valve will flow free against the arrow......Blow a little faster....ball seats...and flow stops.... Perhaps BMW thought that fuel vapors will pass freely to vent the tank....and if liquid entered from the tank the valve will in fact shut and prevent fuel from entering the CC...... In that discovery..... I remounted my valve in the spectra filter......angled up...slightly....and fuel vapors are in fact flowing free away from the tank. This is just my observation....nothing else.....Most likely won`t make any difference...... Never the less.... That`s what I did.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote