View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,943
Bike Choice Part 2

I have a decent amount of riding experience from over the years, but seat time is sporadic for me nowadays. It is hard to stay in "riding shape", and my reactions become less automatic. What I figured out on my January ride was that, because of the bike's weight, riding above 8/10ths sucked up a lot of my bandwidth. Add in my sporadic seat time, I was sloppy. Sloppy lead to tired. Tired lead to slow. Funny thing, my CRFs, which were much better bikes, had the same effect. Particularly on the 250, and particularly when I did not know the trail. It was a great chassis, but the revvy motor and not knowing the terrain would put me behind the bike, and I would end up working twice as hard, and making mistakes. If I was a better or more consistent rider, or dialed the bike in, I probably would have liked it. Maybe if it were an X model I would have liked it. Maybe if I was better looking I could be in the film industry. But I digress. The point is, I needed a bike that I could ride more aggressively, more easily, and with less fatigue.

More....

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 03-08-2011 at 01:17 AM
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote