View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #76
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
I've had both the 230F and 230L and prefer the L due to its lower center of gravity. Well, and genuine street legality rather than a Baja kit and a peeled-off off-road-only sticker. I'm 5'7" 32" inseam and while I could flat foot either one, the LCG on the L lets me move it around aLOT easier. Yeah, I do miss the clearance of the F but not as often as I enjoy the easier handling of the L.

Very fun on forest roads, trails, and (not too adventurous for me, thank you) single track.

A fun ride a couple years ago on a local, one might say the real deal, road.

I use my GS as a road bike, since alot of our roads around here are dirt and gravel, and like it much more at the higher speeds than the 230 but that's due to the taller wind screen on the GS. When we go on our cross country trips this spring/summer (by toy hauler, sorry, not by bike!), I'm taking the 230 as it's the most versatile for me.

Haven't really done much in the way of mods other than a bending shifter and handguards. Oh, and after trying to get at the battery for trickle charging this winter, DH added pigtails before reassembling everything .

cheers!