View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
Spud Rider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
The one I got from wally world is a heavy duty velcro. I need a credit card or screw driver to pry it apart. I also use it to hold my HID ballest to the frame of the bike. Ben
Today I went shopping for velcro. I bought some "Industrial Strength" Velcro at the fabric shop, and some Scotch Heavy Duty Fasteners at Staples. However, when I returned home to remove my battery, and apply the new velcro, I discovered the battery was very firmly attached. The 3" x 2" piece of Scotch Multi-Purpose Fastener I applied to the battery is doing an excellent job, so I am leaving it alone! I am confident the battery will not shift position using the present "velcro."

Someone on another forum requested photographs showing the location of my repositioned starter relay, and fuse box; therefore, I will post those photographs here, as well.

Here's a top view from the left side of the bike, showing how the right side plastic covers the starter relay.

Finally, here's a view from the right side of the bike, showing how the saddle overlaps the right side cover, protecting the starter relay from moisture.

To better protect the fuse box from moisture, I have decided to extend the wiring, and move the fuse box under the saddle. Other than this final modification, I consider my Shorai battery relocation to be complete.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 03-09-2011 at 07:26 PM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote