View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #93
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Michaux was marvelous! My riding buddy Keith (pipe wrench) and I put in about a hundred miles today, most of it being in Michaux. Other than the normally chewed up northern section of Ridge Road, most of the fire roads we rode on were in fine shape, just a little moist from all of the rain we've been having lately. North of U.S. 30 was crawling with LEO's; state police in marked and unmarked cruisers, DCNR rangers and forest workers. Seems there was a man hunt going on for a guy in a Mustang with a white hood scoop, that ran from the police after a domestic abuse call, we never saw him. Keith and I rode from Mt. Holly Springs, where many of the paved roads were closed due to flooding, south to "The Lincoln Highway", then Keith headed for home and I continued southward to Blue Ridge Summit. I expected Teaberry Road to be closed, but it wasn't, the roads in the southern portion of Michaux were in better shape than their northern counterparts. The only road that should be gated is Piney Mountain Ridge Road above Rt. 30, it runs north and south along the eastern boundry of the forest, it will reopen on the last Friday in May (27th). Well allright then, Keith and I and a few others are planning on meeting at the Exxon, at the intersection of PA Rt. 16 (Buchanan Trail East) and Fort Ritchie Access Rd., in Blue Ridge Summit, Saturday morning between 10:00 and 11:00, if interested, BE THERE!

Jeff (SoPaRider) "The Rides Never Long Enough!"
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote