View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Road Rash OP
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,511
Back on the Main Road

From Oak Ridge looking down to Bodden Bight

Getting closer to the East side of the Island we stop at Camp Bay......................you may notice that Vern is on his cell in a lot of the pics, every time we stopped he had, or would get a call from someone looking to hop a ride on his Catamaran to Utila.

As I look for shells for TG, Vern is writing in the sand.....................

................for his girlfriend Zuni.

One more shot before we hit the road again.

Back on the bikes we start gaining in elevation, then the road starts heading back downhill, we can see we are getting closer to the end of the Island.

At this point I thought we might be at the end of the road as it dead ended here with a big puddle in front of a dirt wall. I got off my bike and told Vern to "go for it"...............and I'll take a picture.

He goes ripping down the road, slams on the brakes just before the puddle and starts cussing at me..........................hey what are friends for?

Coming back up...............good thing we only had 200cc bikes, cause I know he would have roasted me if he could

Looking at the end of the Island before we drop down to the beach on another road that we found.

The road does not go to the very end of the Island as the last couple of miles is the Saint Helene Wildlife Refuge.

Down on the beach we went a little ways but there was so much trash on this remote beach I was worried about getting a flat with no tools and miles from anyone, prep aired?...........................I'm on vacation with a rental bike, although I did have my trustee Leatherman with me

Collecting more shells and rocks.............lots of conch shells on this beach.

On the way out we did find one more road...but again I thought about how far away we were from anything... I decided I would pass on this puddle since I had no idea how deep it was.........................this didn't stop Vern.................."about 2 feet" he said

Sorry for the blurry pic, and I thought I had a good one of him coming back across, but it didn't even come out.

One more view of the West side before we head back...............notice Vern is wearing my backpack....................I had it loaded down with conch shells and rocks it slipped out of the bungee straps.

Heading back to West End, we only made one stop at this little place for a little refreshment before "racing" back to the other side of the Island.

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote