View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMSER View Post
950se
I originally saw the different part number for the SE VRR (62511034100) vs the VRRs for the rest of the LC8 fleet (60011034100) and thought it was just the longer cable that was different. Now I'm thinking it is a totally diff VRR altogether. Maybe even a diff vendor. Could be a bad bunch of VRRs and/or the extra heat of its location on the SER (yours being in AZ just exacerbates the problem) is bringing that out. I wonder if it could be relocated to a cooler location or shielded somehow. Preferably mounted to a large piece of metal using heatsink paste.

BTW, I've had good results using VRR's from this place (he has a rep for making sturdy stuff):
http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/VRRPM.html
They aren't specific for KTMs, but I see a couple of units that should work.

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem screwed with this post 03-14-2011 at 12:31 AM Reason: Add Link and P/N's
cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote