jglow OP
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 375
Devils Tower, WY to Cody, WY
Thur. June 3, 2010 Day 4
Total Mileage Today: 315
Total Trip Mileage: 1,638

Our early morning front porch view:

Because we were still on Texas time in our heads and on our wrists, and due to the fact that we fall asleep really early, we had been waking up at like 5 am. I like to make coffee in the morning, and the only problem with that is that my stove that I use to heat the water sounds quite similar to standing on shores at Cape Canaveral during a shuttle launch. Out of decency for anyone who may be camping within a mile of us, we wait until 6am to fire up the rockets.

This is the brew station:

We load up and head out. We've got some more slab riding to do down I-90.

This part of Wyoming is mostly wind. After a bit we reach our exit for US14. This is much better...

We climb higher and higher and can't help but notice how useful Nikki's heated vest might be to her about now.

The scenery is not too shabby .

Dropping back down, and out of the canyon - getting closer to our destination for today.

We are staying at a camp park in Cody, WY. We get the back section by the creek all to ourselves. Excellent ambient noise!

And of course, UPS did not let us down, and our package (Nikki's heated vest) was waiting for us! Time for some evening entertainment.

Tomorrow we are heading into Montana via Yellowstone with a destination of Glacier National Park. Did you know that Nikki has a very healthy fear of bears???

jordan

jglow screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 03:30 PM Reason: enlarge font
jglow is offline   Reply With Quote