View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #2671
puntoMX
Lost in Cyberspace

Oddometer: 398
Now, time for some more topic polluting.

Exhaust hanger, "home made" with BBQ paint

Slip-on front view, the header pipe slides 4cm in the SS pipe from the muffler

Slip-on angle view, no clamp needed

Exhaust mounted

Exhaust mounted with side-cover

And from behind , note the space it has, not even close to the side-cover

Total bike but without the handguards, waiting for mounting parts to come in to fit the 1 1/8" handlebar

The exhaust has enough clearance to every side, the wheel would never hit it for example as it has 7/8"/2cm space there with my 130 tire, the inner-fender has a clearance of 5mm from the muffler pipe and the whole pipe also has a clearances of 5mm to the frame. Now, the only thing I'm not sure about is that the whole exhaust is hanging on 2 points although it feels real solid. It is louder for sure and it does some deceleration popping but when cruising it isn't even that much louder than the original pipe. More power, no idea, but they say 3HP or so on a KLR, nice extra if that is true. The 1.5kg less top/rear weight is nice too but not a big deal.

Next will be the chain and a new clutch handle as the hole in it is oval. Tank has to wait, out of my budget at the moment...
[Mods done] 1 1/8" handlebar - KLR650 Shock on DR650s - ZX-10R directionals on DR650s - RMZ450 muffler on DR650s - Acerbis Mollsoft taillight - Trailtech Vapor – Twin Air - Metzeler Tourance - Tusk sealsavers - more to come

puntoMX screwed with this post 03-17-2011 at 02:19 PM Reason: Spanglish
puntoMX is offline   Reply With Quote